Frequently Asked Questions
| Getting Started Guide
| Known Issues
| Extending TweetCraft
A Microsoft Coding4Fun Production
TweetCraft Getting Started Guide
This guide will walk you through installing, configuring, and using TweetCraft 2.0.
The latest version of the TweetCraft Getting Started Guide is available online
- Installing TweetCraft
- Configuring TweetCraft
- Using the TweetCraft AddOn
: Users with TweetCraft 1.0 or 1.1 Already Installed
You should be able to run the TweetCraft 2.0 installer and have it automatically update TweetCraft 1.0. Alternatively, uninstall TweetCraft 1.0 or 1.1 (Add/Remove Programs) and install TweetCraft 2.0 as described below. Step 1
: Download and Extract the zip file
The first thing you'll want to do is download TweetCraft
if you haven't already. After accepting the license, you should be prompted to save TweetCraft.zip to a location on your hard drive. Step 2
: Begin Installation
Click "setup.exe" to begin installing TweetCraft. You should see the image below.Step 3
: Agree to the License
Next is the End User license agreement. Read the license and click the "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" to continue.Step 4
Choose the Installation Directory
By default, TweetCraft will be installed under your Program Files directory (or Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows) as shown below.Step 5
Before installing, TweetCraft will show you a confirmation page. Click "Install" to begin the installation process.Step 6
Installation and pre-requisites
TweetCraft will examine your machine and prompt you to download any missing pre-requisites it needs that may not be installed on your PC, most notably, the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 .
- If your PC does not have all pre-requisites installed, you will be prompted to download and install them. Installing pre-reqs can be time consuming based on a number of factors including your processor, your network connection, and your hard drive speed. The pre-reqs could take 20 minutes or more to install, so please let the installer run if pre-reqs are required.
- Vista/Windows 7 users with User Account Control (UAC) enabled will receive a UAC prompt when installing TweetCraft. This is expected during installation as TweetCraft must read the registry key to determine the location of your World of Warcraft installation to read/write Tweets and the TweetCraft AddOn.
At this point, the installation is done, click the checkbox to launch TweetCraft which will keep TweetCraft running in your system tray.Note:
You must have the TweetCraft client installed and running to send and receive Tweets.
Right click on the TC icon in your system tray to bring up the TweetCraft settings context menu. From here you can open Twitter, World of Warcraft, and configure TweetCraft. Click the "TweetCraft Settings" option to configure TweetCraft.Twitter Credentials
From here, type in your Twitter user name, password, and the World of Warcraft account you want Tweets sent to. After adding your credentials click "Apply" and TweetCraft will attempt to authenticate your credentials with Twitter.
- If you are authenticated, you will receive the message "Twitter account is valid"
- If you are not authenticated, you will receive the messsage "Invalid user name or password."
By default, TweetCraft will AutoTweet any screenshots in-game (either by clicking "Print Screen" or clicking the Screenshot button in TweetCraft). If you want to turn this off, uncheck the AutoTweet Screenshots checkbox.
Once complete, click "OK" to close the TweetCraft Settings window.
Using the TweetCraft AddOn
Now that you've configured Twitter, ensure the TweetCraft client is still running in the system tray, launch World of Warcraft and log in like you normally would. Opening TweetCraft
To open the TweetCraft AddOn type "/TweetCraft" or click the TweetCraft minimap button.Sending Tweets Requires a UI Reload
If you want to send or refresh Tweets in TweetCraft, it requires you to reload the UI. You can do this by clicking the "Refresh" or "Send" buttons in TweetCraft. Note that Screenshots are sent instantly without requiring a UI reload. TweetCraft Chat Commands
Options for Sending Tweets
- "/TweetCraft" to open or close the TweetCraft UI
- "/Tweet message" to send a tweet directly from the chat window
You can either send text messages or send a screenshot. When you start writing a text message (Tweet) in the textbox, you have the option to Send or Queue.
TweetCraft's Three Tabs
- Send or "/Tweet message" will reload the UI and send the message to Twitter immediately.
- Queue will add your message to the Outgoing tab to be sent when you reload your UI or when you log out
- Screenshot will take a screenshot (like pressing print screen) and immediately send it to Twitter using TwitPic. No UI reload is done when sending screenshots. If you want a screenshot without the TweetCraft addon visible, simply close the addon in Warcraft and click "print screen" on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot in Warcraft and automatically upload it to Twitter.
Deleting Queued Tweets
- Incoming This is your friends list
- Mentions These are direct replies to your Twitter username (ex: @danielfe)
- Outgoing These are messages that are queued to send to Twitter
To delete a queued Tweet, click the Outgoing tab, mouse over the Tweet you want to delete and click the delete button as shown below.To Reply to a Tweet
To reply to one of your friends, click on the friend's name. This will automatically add @FriendName
to the Tweet message textbox.To Re-Tweet
To re-tweet a friends Tweet, mouse over the Tweet you want to Re-Tweet and click the circle icon to re-tweet the message as shown below.TweetCraft Options
To change the options for TweetCraft, open the TweetCraft AddOn and click the "Options" button (or click Escape...Interface...and select the AddOns tab). Options are stored on a per-character basis, except for the option to AutoTweet screenshots which is configured in the TweetCraft application.
TweetCraft includes the following options:
- Show/Hide Minimap button
- AutoTweet Achievements - Earn an Achievement
- AutoTweet Movement - Change Zone, Enter Instance, Login/Logout