Auto Screenshotting Achievements & Instant Tweets

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:46 AM

An option to consider adding is auto screenshotting when you receive an achievement/other events.

I'm no coder, but I would think that it would be possible to add whatever the screenshot code is to the auto tweets. That way when an achievement pops up the game would automatically run a screencap and I'm sure at the same time add text to the tweet with it. So you get "[picture url]- Donhorn has earned the [achievement here] achievement." and I'm sure that would also bypass the quee since it's hooked onto the screenshot. As far as setting up what to use/not use for that an extra column of check boxes could be added per option for auto screenshot events.

Alternately, I saw a question come of for why screencaps are tweeted right away while tweets have to wait and the reason given was that the screencaps are sent to the screenshots folder right away. I don't know how possible it would be, but maybe a solution could be have each tweet sent to the TweetCraft addon folder as a txt file (or something similar) that could be instantly grabbed by the program side of TweetCraft and sent instantly to twitter. Then maybe have it remove that txt file either after sending or on game exit so it doesn't get overfilled.

I'm not sure how much would have to go into making these ideas work but I figured I'd share em anyway. The timeline I don't really have any ideas for with real time updating. Even TweetDeck has to wait so long to load new tweets.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM

This is a GREAT idea IMHO and very easy to implement. Would you have some time to create a feature request for this in our Issue Tracker? People could then vote on it, which would be a clear indication people want this bad in future releases.