.. etc Distribution

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Any plan on letting this be distributed on addon sites namely

I have a lot of addons that i use and having an automated system to keep them all up to date is very helpful to me i'm sure it is to other people as well.

If the devs don't have time to keep it up to date on curse i'ld be more than happy to keep current versions on there only requirment is authorization from the author.

Let me know.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I would love to see this somehow able to be auto updated, or at least to let me know when a new version is available. I think due to the nature of how this addon works (namely the actually having to use an installer) Curse wouldn't be the best move. But implementing a notification system that says "Hey, new version now available" while TweetCraft is running would be the best move. Maybe a "Check For New Version" button in the program settings (where you put the account info) would be good to consider too.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Yes, we're planning to push this to Curse to be auto-updated by the Curse client and we have prepared the application to allow add-on to be updated independently from the application. This allows us to easily auto-update with fixes to the add-on itself. The application will let you know if you're running an outdated version of the app and ask you to install the latest one.

Do you think this covers it all?

Also, yolaman, great to hear you are considering contributing. We'll let you know as soon as we start opening up for the community. Clearly, add-on experts (people being a LOT better at WoW add-ons than us) would be immensely helpful.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Ya Rgabo that sounds about like a good plan. Man i like to pretend i can write Addon's but it always ends up in failure. But if the opportunity ever arises i'm more than willing to contribute in anyway i can.

Kepp up the good work and i see MANY great things from this add on.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.