Auto-posting on loading screen??

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:24 PM

To double-check TweetCraft's functionality, I am correct when I say TweetCraft will post tweets that are queued whenever WoW presents you with a loading screen (logging in/out, entering an instance, rezzing at a spirit healer)??

So far, I have noticed that TC will only post tweets when I command it to - which means that TC is not auto-posting when loading screens are present.

I am really interested in this program, and look forward to the ironing out of these issues. - Jett

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Jett, TweetCraft posts when it gets unloaded (this also includes logging out and closing the game, even Alt-F4). WoW unloads the addons (saves eveything), then reloads them (loads everything) during a UI reload. When you press the Refresh/Send button, a UI reload happens. It's actually the same as if you typed /script ReloadUI() or /command ReloadUI().

Because a UI reload happens during in all cases mentioned (insta, rezz, etc), TC should be posting your tweets. Are you seeing different behavior?

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I'm going to try & create a list of when I think TC should be unloading & sending its queued tweets. I doubt it's a complete list.

-Taking a portal  -Entering & Leaving an Instance  -Hearthing  -Taking a zeppelin/boat to another area

Does the Warcraft UI actually unload at these points in gameplay?

To answer your question, I have yet to see any of my queued tweets posting when I log/port/hearth/ect, but I will keep a close watch on it in the next few days to make sure when it's posting on its own & when it's not.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I have observed TweetCraft to NOT post queued tweets when:

- Hearthing
- Logging in or out
- Zoning in or out of instances
- Taking a portal (i.e. from Dalaran to a major city)

In fact I'm not sure if it's auto-posted at any time. I may try turning off other addons if it's possible there could be some interference. Hope this helps!

UPDATE: I disabled all addons except for TweetCraft. It still does not sent queued tweets when hearthing, taking a portal, or zoning in or out of instances. Could this be caused by a Windows or permission configuration? The sending works fine when I use the manual Refresh.