Saving Settings

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I thought TweetCraft was a great idea and I had fun using it, but I uninstalled it today. There are a few reasons for that:

Saving to reloadui to send the tweets is really a pain. I run a lot of addons and a reload ui can take 20-30 seconds. It's just so much quicker to alt-tab out to a browser and back. It would also be nice to be able to add descriptions to the twitpic posts. If those were the only issues, though, I wouldn't be uninstalling.

More annoyingly: TweetCraft simply refuses to abide by my settings. First, it will not let me disable it, no matter how hard I try. I was hoping to twitter only from one character, but that requires me to disable the addon every time I log into another character. I inevitably forget about that and then have to log out to disable it.

Even worse: it simply won't remember my settings. I don't need tweets sent when I login, change zones, or anything else. It seems incapable of remembering those settings.

The idea is really neat, but the implementation is severely lacking. 

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Hey Pete,

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback! 

We can fix the issues you're running into, namely that TweetCraft won't save settings for disabling, per-character settings, and settings not being saved. We should have a 1.1 version that addresses these.

Cheers,
-Dan

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.