OSX Version?

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:23 AM

any chance of a native OSX version or a WoW "Addon" ?

break free from cmd-m to check twitter lol

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I would like to support this call. most add-ons I've installed so far was just a matter of putting files into a directory, why block an entire OS by making an OS-specific installer?

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I guess the problem is that the code that monitors the SavedVariables area is in .Net, I will have a look at how feasible it is to do it another way, eg php/python, I think these have twitter libraries and are cross platform.  Another alternative might be mono...

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Me Too, I downloaded it and then realized I couldn't use it. The program look great. I just can't wait until I can use it. 

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Had a quick look - needs some tweaks to work with mono - will see if I can arrange for that to happen...

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM

That's great news.  Just another voice in the chorus.  :-)

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM

A Mac OS X version would be fantastic.  I too was disappointed when I downloaded it and found it to be an .exe file. Great idea tho! :)

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I agree a mac version would be excellent!

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM

i would like to agree.. a mono version would be excellent.. I'm on Ubuntu.. as a NonDeveloper, I've been trying and trying to get it to work.. but I'm just swimming upstream.. any updates I'm definitely interested

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I would participate, too - but need a Mac OS X version. This game just runs so much better on that platform. Dang Blizzard and their MacHead programmers.

Dec 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Any word on the OS X version? I won't rehash what everyone else has said.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010 at 3:40 AM

Just to follow up here, we don't have any plans to port this to OS X or Linux. If someone from the community wants to, the code is open source and you should be able to reuse the TweetCraft lua files.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:36 PM
danielfe wrote:

Just to follow up here, we don't have any plans to port this to OS X or Linux. If someone from the community wants to, the code is open source and you should be able to reuse the TweetCraft lua files.

Well, if that's the case, who's going to make the port(s)? I'd really like to see my Mac with TweetCraft, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Linux users be able to use it. Anyone willing to help us?