Basic Auth Disabled on Twitter

Sep 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM

This last week Twitter turned off the Basic Authentication api. I think this has affected TweetCraft as it no longer is posting anything.  Are there plans to fix this?

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Thanks, we're considering retiring TweetCraft because of low usage, but I still think we can get a fix for this, hopefully sooner versus later

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Aww that would make me very sad.  Anything I can do to help? I'm a developer.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Sad you'd kill it for low usage.  I loved this addon!

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I love this addon as well.  Allows me to broadcast my activity to social sites like Facebook as well as Twitter.  Rather than retire it, perhaps you should get it a bit more visibility...

...and fix the api problem as well.

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM
danielfe wrote:

Thanks, we're considering retiring TweetCraft because of low usage, but I still think we can get a fix for this, hopefully sooner versus later

Any progress on this? I'd really love to be able to broadcast my tweets again.

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:16 AM

We're working on a fix right now.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

That's great news to hear!

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Thank you, thank you!

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Hey, just wondering how this is going? I see some code has been committed but I am not savy enough to compile and test it out myself :S

I'm looking to incorporate TweetCraft into my Raid Tools addon for updating the guild twitter account with boss kills, loot distribution and a stack of other stuff but at the moment i've bumped it till I can get the TweetCraft client running.

The project is really cool, it's a shame it hasnt gotten the attention the uptake it diserved but hopefully having it in my addon will encourage others to do similar :D

Upy

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM
upyursh wrote:

Hey, just wondering how this is going? I see some code has been committed but I am not savy enough to compile and test it out myself :S

I'm looking to incorporate TweetCraft into my Raid Tools addon for updating the guild twitter account with boss kills, loot distribution and a stack of other stuff but at the moment i've bumped it till I can get the TweetCraft client running.

The project is really cool, it's a shame it hasnt gotten the attention the uptake it diserved but hopefully having it in my addon will encourage others to do similar :D

Upy

You have two choices.

1) wait until they compile and upload a client themselves. Which may or may not happen

2) Get someone who is familiar with the language Tweetcraft is in, Lua, and Twitter's APIs from your guild to help you.

:)

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Sorry folks, there is just way too much on my plate to fix this, plus I personally stopped playing World of Warcraft a while back. We are, however looking for a developer to help ensure that the Twitter updates work and to fix the Lua addin. If you know any addon developers that want to get paid for writing addins, send them to this - http://www.elance.com/j/world-of-warcraft-addon-net-wpf-development/22775379/