TweetCraft and Trial?

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Hi, Is there any way to install TweetCraft for the trial version of WoW? When I try to install, it says: "World of Warcraft was not detected. Please install World of Warcraft first." I would like to use TweetCraft from the very beginning if possible!
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM

TweetCraft checks the registry for an install path property for World of Warcraft. One thing to try is to make sure to run World of Warcraft as an administrator (right click...run as an administrator). That way, it should write the Warcraft registry key to the right place so when you run TweetCraft, it'll find the installation location and know where to save and send Tweets.

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I run WoW.exe with Administrative Rights as you suggested and then tried to install TweetCraft 2.0.212.1, but it didn't work. I guess I'll have to wait until I migrate to the full account :~

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM

As it turns out the Warcraft trial doesn't allow you to use AddOns, details here - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090720163049AAvnGh8 

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM
I did manage to install TweetCraft addon (even using Curse Client), the problem I am facing is installing the tray application. I don't think it is a matter of addons lack of support on the trial version (it isn't), but maybe the way TweetCraft application detects if World of Warcraft is installed or not.